Book Title: The Due Diligence Handbook For Commercial Real Estate: A Proven System To Save Time, Money, Headaches And Create Value When Buying Commercial Real Estate
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Brian Hennessey
Related BooksThere’s a HUGE problem in the commercial real estate business that nobody is talking about- DUE DILIGENCE. Investors are leaving big money on the table by not learning these essential principles. Most investors, real estate brokers and commercial real estate professionals barely scratch the surface conducting their due diligence. Mainly because "they don't know what they don't know".
I’ve spent over 30 years helping investors buy and sell over 9 million square feet of properties and witnessed the practices of professional and small investors. It wasn’t until I became an acquisition executive and learned some humiliating and expensive lessons that “I didn’t know what I didn’t know”.
You will learn how to avoid many mistakes with costly consequences, create more value, and more essential information for buying investment property.
This book is a #1 Best Seller of commercial real estate books on Amazon. It is an easy to follow, proven "step by step" system that investors and real estate professionals use regularly as they’re conducting due diligence. It will help you to make an informed and intelligent decision when deciding whether to buy or NOT buy. Having and adhering to a proven system allows you to conduct due diligence faster, easier, more efficiently and you’re less likely to miss something. Here are just a few of the lessons you’ll learn:
- Negotiating the purchase and sale agreement and what you MUST include in order to maximize your opportunities to negotiate further with the seller. (Super important to know.)
- Reviewing the leases Not knowing what provisions to watch for could cost you dearly once you own it. (Without this knowledge you’re just hoping it all works out.)
- Uncovering hidden problems and issues (Sellers will NOT disclose these, so you need to know where to look for them. They will not be handing you a list of problems with the property. Many of these problems could make or break your investment.)
- Critical factors to consider during your financial analysis. There's list of essential questions included that MUST be addressed. (Leaving these questions unanswered can be potentially devastating to an investment.)
- Not "over-paying" by making sure you’re getting all you deserve by getting credited fairly for items on the closing statement. (This includes specific items to review, instructions on what to ask for to minimize your chances of getting taken advantage of, potentially losing big money by not having this information.)
These fundamentals remain the same and they are all applicable whether they are: residential rental properties, industrial, retail, or office buildings. This system will help to reduce risk and create value for all of them. In addition, included in the handbook :
- Sample Lease Abstract Form (Which shows you how to summarize all the main deal points of a lease document.)
- Due Diligence Checklist
- Due Diligence Document Checklist
- Sample Tenant Questionnaire (A sample list of questions that you should ask of tenants when conducting a tenant interview. This is a virtual “gold mine” of information when done properly. Learn this or lose out.)
By having this knowledge and system, you will be more prepared and confident in your ability to negotiate and go up against ANY seller.
Like a pilot uses their "pre-flight" checklist prior to every flight, you'll want to refer to this handbook each time you buy an investment property. There are too many things to remember. We need reminding as much as we need learning. Warren Buffet said: "Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing." You need a proven system and process to keep you on track. Buy the book now. It will be one of the best investments in real estate you make.